Saturday, June 6, 2009

7 months.

It has now been 7 months since I started T and I have yet to get any bad side effects. As a matter of fact the testosterone has seem to calm me down instead of amp me up. It is having the same calming, self assured effect on me that heroin did. I truly believe I am different in a lot ways. Having a almost non existent estrogen level to begin with and a high testosterone level is making my transition a lot easier.

My voice has definitely changed and I lost my high pitched yell that has been so common in 100's of hardcore and punk shows. But I noticed my singing voice sounds awesome. Crisp, clear and loud! I am sure it still is in the process of changing but now when I go out many people mistake me for a male right away and dont believe me that my name is Kimberly. An elderly lady freaked out in me in the grocery store bathroom. She thought I belonged in the male bathroom. I just laughed and took a piss.

With my binder on almost everyone that doesn't know me assumes I am male. My face has changed and squared off and my voice is deeper. When I just wear a bra, only some people assume I am male. My chest is pretty big. I definitely look good. The hair on my face, legs and arms is thicker. I have shaved my face everyday since 2001 because of my high testosterone level I had a lot of facial hair. So I all ready shave everyday so the growth on my face isnt something shocking. I am not a beard guy anyway.

I also noticed that other males pick up on my testosterone and sometimes want to fight me. This has happened 3 times in the past months. Some dude will start with me in a store or just out and about. usually it was nothing I did directly. When I was just a female, this never happened. No guy would really want to fight a girl unless they had a good reason. Its funny how we project our hormones onto each other. Weird how males get testy around each other. It is very interesting changing sexes. I think people like me know more about the way things are then most people. I could be wrong but we definitely have a special perspective on life.

I am definitely a lot happier finally being able to cure my dis-ease. I still have a way to go yet. i am grateful for the opportunity. I would have done this two years ago but being on TV made me delay my decision.

1 comment:

georgie girl said...

Hi Kim,

I followed you here from TCM. I really liked your spot TCM. Very cool tat.

I have a serious question to ask you, and I hope you don't mind me being so forward. This question has been on my mind for a long time and this is the first opportunity I've had to ask.

If your problem was too high a level of testosterone, why then could you not have been given shots of estrogen/progesterone to counteract the male hormones, thus elevating your female hormones that make you female?